The origins and impact of state force: the cases of Angela Vode and Igor Šentjurc
Keywords:secret police / women in today's world / German literature / Slovene literature
AbstractWorking without a theoretical background the article discusses two Slovenian intellectuals: Angela Vode and Igor Šentjurc. These two writers and publicists, though separated by sex and the centuries in which they were born,are bound by life experience, for the state and Party, along with its subordinates, the Secret Police (Geheim-Polizei), as well as legal authoritiesthat oppressed them, were fundamentally and continually a part of these two individualsʼ lives.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Miladinović Zalaznik, M. (2013). The origins and impact of state force: the cases of Angela Vode and Igor Šentjurc. Acta Neophilologica, 46(1-2), 13–24. https://doi.org/10.4312/an.46.1-2.13-24
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Acta Neophilologica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.