Un(be)greifbare Bilder des Familiengedächtnisses in der deutschen zeitgenössischen Literatur: Tanja Dückers' Himmelskörper
Keywords:German literature, 20th century, literary studies, collective memory, nazicm
AbstractThis article first presents in brief recent theories of memory, their relevance for literarytheory (literature as a medium of collective memory), and then performs a reading of the novel Himmelskörperby German author Tanja Dückers through the lens of family memory. It signals attentionto the strategies of fictionalisation of and reflection on communicative memory, manifest in the novelin the form of family conversations, and the transformation of communicative memory into culturalor collective memory.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Štrancar, T. (2013). Un(be)greifbare Bilder des Familiengedächtnisses in der deutschen zeitgenössischen Literatur: Tanja Dückers’ Himmelskörper. Acta Neophilologica, 46(1-2), 93–104. https://doi.org/10.4312/an.46.1-2.93-104
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Acta Neophilologica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.