"In viaggio verso il nulla" : elementi mitologici del viaggio in Se questo è un uomo e ne I sommersi e i salvati di Primo Levi
Keywords:Italian literature, autobiography, mythology
AbstractPrimo Levi's Se questo è un uomo (If This is a Man) and I sommersi e i salvati (The Drowned and the Saved) present complex relations to mythological elements, which are often filtered through Dante's Divine Comedy and are inserted as key components into the autobiographical narration, thus giving it a mythological dimension. The article proposes the triangular structure Levi-Dante-Ulysses as a basis for analysing the Jewish deportees' journey towards Auschwitz as a journey towards the mythological other world.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Prosenc Šegula, I. (2010). "In viaggio verso il nulla" : elementi mitologici del viaggio in Se questo è un uomo e ne I sommersi e i salvati di Primo Levi. Acta Neophilologica, 43(1-2), 145–153. https://doi.org/10.4312/an.43.1-2.145-153
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Acta Neophilologica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.