"[...] in un giardino d'armida : Il racconto d'autunno di Landolfi
AbstractThe issues however typical of 191h-century fantastic narrative which mark Landolfi's Racco nto d'autunno are not sufficient reference for fitting his work with the label of this literary genre. As elsewhere, Landolfi's rhetorical and discursive procedures (breech of illusion complicity, contamination of genres) produce a radical twisting of fantastic narrative's defining features at the peak of the genre's uccess in 19th century as determined by the 20th-century post-war critics including Todorov. The structuring ambiguity of an event apparently inexplicable by the logic of the action's setting is shifted by Landolfi from the level of the story to that of the language (i. e. a fantastic event is no longer experienced by the subject as an epistemological challenge), quite in keeping with the author's poetics set on revealing the unreliability of language.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Patrizia Farinelli
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Acta Neophilologica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.