The broken balance: Auguste Rodin and philosophical matrix of La Porte de l'Enfer
Keywords:Auguste Rodin / Lorenzo Ghiberti / Divine Comedy / Renaissance
AbstractThe study tries to answer the questions opened up by the work of Auguste Rodin, La Porte de l'Enfer. It was inspired by earlier historical and literary sources among which Dante's Divine Comedy has to mentioned first, as it cannot be imagined without it. The study compares the structure of La Porte de l'Enfer with Ghiberti's masterpiece La Porta del Paradiso. The study concludes that the discussed Rodin's work is impossible to comprehend outside of the medieval philosophical context.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Turk, B. M. (2016). The broken balance: Auguste Rodin and philosophical matrix of La Porte de l’Enfer. Acta Neophilologica, 49(1-2), 155–165. https://doi.org/10.4312/an.49.1-2.155-165
Copyright (c) 2016 Boštjan Marko Turk
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Acta Neophilologica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.