Palaeolithic art in Slovenia
Keywords:Slovenian Palaeolithic, Palaeolithic art, flute, engravings, jewellery
AbstractThis article is a review of Slovenian Palaeolithic ‘art’ objects. Most were found quite some time ago and were described as ‘art’ by their excavators, who undertook no further examination and authentication. More recent finds, like the Mousterian ‘flute’, were thoroughly examined,but in the case of the flute, there is still no uniform agreement on whether it was used as musical instrument or not. The only objects which are definitely artificial are engraved bone points, two engraved stones and three pieces of jewellery from Late Palaeolithic sites.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Petru, S. (2009). Palaeolithic art in Slovenia. Documenta Praehistorica, 36, 299–304. https://doi.org/10.4312/dp.36.18
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Documenta Praehistorica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.