Zgodovina glasbe na Slovenskem, knjige 1, 3 in 4 [History of Music in the Slovenian Lands, vols. 1, 3, and 4]
Keywords:music in the Slovenian lands until the end of the 16th century, music in the Slovenian lands from the year 1800 to 1918, music in the Slovenian lands from the year 1918 to 2018
The new history of music in the Slovenian lands is a towering achievement of Slovenian musicologists of several generations, who have worked diligently on this edition for more than a decade. The first volume, edited by Jurij Snoj and covering the period before the end of the sixteenth century, i.e. until the unequivocal re-direction of the Slovenian lands to Catholicism, was published in 2012. It was followed by the fourth volume in 2019, edited by Gregor Pompe and dedicated to the music of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. In 2021 the third volume, edited by Aleš Nagode and Nataša Cigoj Krstulović and covering the period from the founding of the Ljubljana Philharmonic Society (1794) until the dissolution of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy was released, both in print and as an electronic publication (DOI:/10.4312/9789610605270). The final volume, dedicated to music in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, i.e. from the arrival of Jesuits to Ljubljana until the founding of the Philharmonic Society, will be published approximately in a year. In spite of this “gap” of two centuries, to be filled by the forthcoming second volume, it is already possible to review the three completed volumes, and to highlight the scope, goals and future impact of this history.
Nagode, Aleš in Nataša Cigoj Krstulović, ur. Zgodovina glasbe na Slovenskem 3: Glasba na Slovenskem med letoma 1800 in 1918. Ljubljana: Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete in Založba ZRC, 2021.
Pompe, Gregor, ur. Zgodovina glasbe na Slovenskem 3: Glasba na Slovenskem med letoma 1918 in 2018. Ljubljana: Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete in Založba ZRC, 2019.
Snoj, Jurij, ur. Zgodovina glasbe na Slovenskem 1: Glasba na Slovenskem do konca šestnajstega stoletja. Ljubljana: Založba ZRC, ZRC SAZU, 2012.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Ivana Medić
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.