The Slovenian Philharmonic after the Second World War – From Ideology and Professional Disputes to Art
Keywords:Slovenian Philharmonic, Škerjanc, Concert Boureau, Society of Slovene Composers
Alongside the previously formed aspirations of the Slovenian music scene, the post-war period brought new opportunities and challenges. Immediately after its founding, the newly established Slovenian Philharmonic began to realise the idea of collectivism. Soon after its affirmation, however, it started to shift away from this ideal and seek a path towards a firmer programme policy. On this path, it also had to overcome certain (sometimes well-intentioned) obstacles arising from various professional societies.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2014 Katarina Bogunović Hočevar
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.