Theodor Elze, a Student of Trubar's Life and Work, as a Composer
AbstractTo occupy an important position in the Slovene literature on the history of Reformation in Slovenia is a German pastor and historian, Ludwig Theodor Elze, who took the lead of the Ljubljana Protestant congregation during 1851-1865. In this period, he published a number of books on the Slovene Reformation and its representatives. Besides engaging in scholarly research, Elze took great interest in music. He composed and published numerous musical pieces with various publishing houses in Ljubljana, Vienna, Prague and Leipzig. They include chamber and choral music, solos and musical parts for the Protestant church service. Slovene musical history refers to him as a composer. Most of his works, however, have remained unknown although he signed many of his works as "a music teacher and organist in Ljubljana ". In this way Elze made weighty contributions to the musical life in the mid-19th-century Slovenia as a musician, too.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 1986 Primož Kuret
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.