Cataloguing for RISM in Slovenia
Keywords:musicology, catalogues, musical manuscripts, Slovene music
AbstractSince 1993 Slovenia has been taking an active part in the international project of RISM (Répertoire International des Sources Musicales = International Inventory of Musical Sources), with the Series A/II (Music Manuscripts after l600). In that year the RISM national group for Slovenia was founded in the Institute of Musicology at ZRC SAZU in Ljubljana and the PIKaDo computer programme installed, by the aid of which the cooperation with the Central editorial offices in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, pro-ceded. The results are issued every year on a RISM CD-ROM in the form of a thematic catalogue of old music manuscripts from all over the world (data from about 30 countries). Gradually it will replace our conventional card catalogue that now contains about 1300 units of musical manuscript material, collected in the past years by Institute collaborators in various Slovene archives. The completion of this work is being carried out by incorporation into RISM. To ensure utmost precision of the RISM-catalogu-ing the Institute professionals borrow the original manuscripts from Slovene musical archives (three up to now). Such a metod offers also an opportunity to scan this temporarily available material. Musical manuscripts are thus preserved at a second location and available for further musicological research. Since 1998 full time post for the RISM-cataloguing work has been established at the Institute. Till then, 306 computer records had been made and in the last years further 666. The author of this article concentrates on some aspects of cataloguing for RISM, e.g. on quotations in the categories of scoring, scoring block and statement of material, on research possibilites, of information exchange about less known manuscript composers, and on the timing and/or efficiency improvement of the work involving the RISM project.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2002 Darja Frelih
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.