Julius Ohm-Januschowsky and His Criticism in Ljubljana
Keywords:Julius Ohm-Januschowsky, German Land Theatre, opera performances, critiques
AbstractGerman journalist of Czech origin, Julius Ohm-Januschowsky, was one of more important personalities in music journalism of the last quarter of 19th century in Ljubljana. His main work was to report and evaluate music-theatrical performances. His contribution to the reestablishment of the quality of Ljubljana's musical life was, therefore, essential. The present article tries to reveal the main characteristics of his critical work. The main sources were the daily newspaper Laibacher Zeitung and important critiques by Januschowsky written between 1892 (when he took over the task of critiquing music-theatrical performances) and 1915 (when is assumed to have left Ljubljana).
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Lah, Špela. (2007). Julius Ohm-Januschowsky and His Criticism in Ljubljana. Musicological Annual, 43(1), 127–135. https://doi.org/10.4312/mz.43.1.127-135
Copyright (c) 2007 Špela Lah
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Musicological Annual by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.