Courtesy and Degree of Strength in a Realization of Face-Threatening Acts in Spanish
Keywords:Speech Acts, Primary and Explicit Expressions, Face-Threatening Acts, Spanish Structures
The determination of the types of speech acts that can be executed in relation to different languages has been studied inside and outside the boundaries of Spanish. There have been many attempts to realize taxonomies of speech acts connected to basic schemes of expression, and these attempts of classification and structure determination are normally focused on lists of verbs without providing the main structures that languages use to express speech acts. In the development of this work we will propose tools to clearly show what is meant by speech act and by its types and, finally, we will provide a taxonomy of general structures for the expression of illocutionary directive acts of speech in Spanish.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Nuria Campos Carrasco
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Verba Hispanica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.