Aspects of Code-switching Concerning Spanish-Romanian Virtual Communication
The paper Aspects of Code-switching Concerning Spanish-Romanian Virtual Communication reveals some characteristics of languages in contact phenomenon, in the case of the Romanian communities in Spain, starting from the characteristics of the languages involved in this process: Romanian and Spanish.
In our study, we analyze the linguistic attitude of the Romanian immigrants in Spain on internet communication and we present some aspects of Rumañol, the sociolect resulted from the combination between the Romanian and Spanish words within the same discourse, considered to be the language of Romanian migration in Spain.
The manifestations of code-switching phenomenon are presented at emblematic, inter-sentential and intra-sentential levels. We have observed that intra-sentential code-switching appears intently, and inter-sentential code-switching is determined by the situational context in witch the communication takes place.
Key words: emblematic code-switching, intra-sentential code-switching, inter-sentential code-switching, Rumañiol, migration, internet communication.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.