German-Slovene Historical Glossary or: An Attempt to Write a Glossary in the Field of Humanities or Social Sciences
Keywords:historical Glossary, selection of terms, inclusion of semiterms and non terms
The author first defines the role of history as a constituent part of the humanities and the social sciences, explaining its connection with other, related scientific disciplines. On the basis of this, he presents the criteria of his selection of terms for the historical glos sary. His preference is a compromising approach, which means inclusion of semiterms and nonterms, since he believes that in the selected field of science it is impossible to consistently comply with the definition of terminology. The paper then discusses the en tries in the glossary, distinguishing between the central and the peripheral part of histori cal terminology. The author is convinced that such an approach, in addition to its other advantages, is also very userfriendly.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.