Assessment of intercultural competence in the FL classroom
Keywords:intercultural competence, assessment, grading
Acquiring intercultural competence is an important objective of foreign language learning. Problems occur because current testing still focuses on checking grammar skills, listening comprehension and writing skills, whereas intercultural competence assessment does not favour traditional testing and numerical grading. Developing and Assessing Intercul tural Competence, published in 2007 in European Centre for Modern Languages in Graz, introduces ways of assessing various competences/components of intercultural competence.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Horvat, S. (2011). Assessment of intercultural competence in the FL classroom. Journal for Foreign Languages, 3(1-2), 111–120. https://doi.org/10.4312/vestnik.3.111-120
Didactics of Foreign Languages
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.