Triangulation of Needs Analysis in English for Tourism Purposes
Keywords:English for specific purposes, needs analysis, triangulation, tourism
The article presents the results of my research in English for Tourism Purposes, a branch of English Language Teaching which is still relatively underdeveloped and which, in Slovenia, has been rather scarcely researched and studied. The base for the research is triangulation, the latest procedure used in the planning and realization of needs analyses. It is more reliable than informal crosschecking as it makes use of multiple sources and/ or methods of acquiring information. The research thus outlines an overview of the basics of English for Specific Purposes, illustrating and stressing the use of triangulation, which has never before been used in similar Slovenian researches. Learners, teachers and domain experts are the sources used; methods are questionnaire and interview. In conclusion, the importance of using triangulation in Needs Analysis is commented upon, the reliability of study results is substantiated and grounds for further studies in English for Tourism Purposes in Slovenia are set.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.