Onomastic Interferences in the Language of Migration
Keywords:linguistic interference, onomastics, adaptation, rumañol, rotalian
In case of bilingual speakers, proper names undergo different transformations, depending on the contextual character of a manifestation of meanings, “the relationship between the proper name and the denoted object being temporary, dependent on the verbal and situational context” (Tomescu 1998: 1). Within the scope of the current economic migration of Romanians to Spain and Italy, the names of Romanian people have undergone various modifications under the influence of Spanish and Italian onomastics. In the present work, the performance of two main tasks is described: an analysis of the interferences which emerge within communication, in case of the proper names of Romanian people who have emigrated to Spain and Italy; and classification of the proper names of new-born children within Romanian families that have settled in these countries.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Ioana Jieanu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.