The Use of Authentic Recordings in Teaching Italian to Adults
Keywords:authentic recordings, Italian, language skills, didactic material adjustment
The article aims to outline the practical value of authentic recordings in teaching Italian to adults. Occasional use of such didactic recordings as extra material during the learning process represents an added value. Chosen recordings are adapted to a particular group and so is the content of the material. Such material presents an attractive way of practicing language skills by encouraging students to be more in contact with the actual language outside of the classroom. Learning Italian in the areas away from the Slovenian-Italian border is different because there is less everyday contact with the “living” language. By using authentic recordings the listening input is increased. When the use of authentic listening is also visually supported, the final intake and the memorising of the information are much easier.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Polona Pegam
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Journal for Foreign Languages by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.