About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Named after the youngest of the Parcae, Clotho got its name after the deity responsible for spinning the thread of life; thus, the journal seeks to create a new space of creativity, exploration and learning in the field of classical studies. Wilamowitz famously defined classical scholarship “by its subject-matter – Graeco-Roman civilization in its essence and in every facet of its existence.” Following in those footsteps, Clotho welcomes exploring the Greek and Latin languages – lexicography, grammar, and the broader issues of linguistics. It seeks to investigate the traditional fields of classical studies, literature, textual criticism, rhetoric, philosophy, and history, as well as archaeology, numismatics, epigraphy, papyrology, and paleography. Above all, the journal is committed to the idea of interdisciplinarity. As such, it accepts antiquity-related contributions from the spheres of art, music, science, religion, and law, as well as the classical tradition and classical reception, history of classical scholarship, and, last but foremost, translation.
Peer Review Process
All submitted papers are subject to a double-blind peer-review process. The editor ensures that the reviewers are not affiliated with the same institution as the authors, thus avoiding the conflict of interest.
Clotho is published two times a year.
Open Access Policy
This is a diamond open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Article Processing Charges
There is no Article Submission or Article Processing Fee charged to authors, and articles are immediately available on the journal website once published.
Copyright and authors' rights
Authors retain copyright in their work. Their work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 4.0 international license.
Abstracting and Indexing
Clotho is indexed/included in the following databases/resources:
- Agenzia Nazionale per la Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- AWOL - The Ancient World Online
- Base d’information bibliographique en patristique (BIBP)
- Bibliographie Annuelle du Moyen Âge Tardif (BAMAT)
- Catalogo Italiano dei Periodici (ACNP)
- Central & Eastern European Academic Source (CEEAS)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (ROAD)
- ERIH PLUS
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB)
- Gnomon Bibliographische Datenbank (GBD)
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus International (ICI)
- International Bibliography of Humanism and the Renaissance (IBHR)
- Internationale Bibliographie der geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlichen Zeitschriftenliteratur (IBZ)
- Internationale Bibliographie der Rezensionen geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlicher Literatur (IBR)
- International Medieval Bibliography (IMB)
- Internet Archive Scholar
- ITER Bibliography of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance
- L’Année philologique
- Linguistic Bibliography
- MIAR (Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals)
- Microsoft Academic
- MLA International Bibliography
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (PMSHE)
- Projekt Dyabola
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Sherpa RoMEO
- Ulrichsweb & Ulrich’s Periodicals Directory
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Clotho is supported by: