The correspondence of Lucien Tesnière as preserved in the manuscript collection of Slovene national and University Library in Ljubljana
Keywords:The correspondence of Lucien Tesnière as preserved in the manuscript collection of Slovene national and University Library in Ljubljana
L. Tesnière's three year's stay in Ljubljana (1921-1924) resulted in his personal contacts with a selected group of eminent Slovene scientists and creative writers. Some of them later established an interesting correspondence with him. So far 17 Tesnière's letters from the period 1921-1938 have been identified in the Manuscript collection of NUK. They are addressed to Ivan Prijatelj (3, 1921-1923), Oton Župančič (2, 1923- 1928), Anton Debeljak (2, 1923-1938) and Joža Glonar (10, 1924-1934). It is reasonable to expect that some more of his letters will come into our evidence when the literary archives of our philologists and men of letters who were active in the period 1920-1954 will be thoroughly inspected. Nevertheless, T.'s correspondence as preserved in our library even in its present modest extent represents important and interesting material for further research work in his life and scientific activity.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Linguistica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.