On the phonological boundary between constituents of modern Icelandic compound words
Keywords:On the phonological boundary between constituents of modern Icelandic compound words
If the word boundary is posited between constituents of Mod ern Icelandic compound words, a number of mutually unrelated phonolog ical phenomena are accounted for without any extra machinery (say, in the structure of rules). However, I have not been able to prove that any Modern Icelandic phonological phenomena actually Require the word boundary between constituents of compound words. I could only demonstrate that certain phenomena require SOME boundary between constituents of compound words; if the boundary required in those cases is identified with the morpheme boundary, certain phonological rules of Modern Icelandic have to be complicated in ways which can be avoided when the said boundary is assumed to be a word boundary.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2016 Janez Orešnik
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors are confirming that they are the authors of the submitting article, which will be published (print and online) in journal Linguistica by Znanstvena založba Filozofske fakultete Univerze v Ljubljani (University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Aškerčeva 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia). Author’s name will be evident in the article in journal. All decisions regarding layout and distribution of the work are in hands of the publisher.
- Authors guarantee that the work is their own original creation and does not infringe any statutory or common-law copyright or any proprietary right of any third party. In case of claims by third parties, authors commit their self to defend the interests of the publisher, and shall cover any potential costs.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.